The number of blogs doubles every 6 months. This trend has been continuing for the last few years and doesn’t seem to be stopping. Content is being produced at a faster rate than at any time throughout the history of mankind. Everyone has become a creator of content!
Now, if you’re a content marketer, you realize that you need to break through the confusion. What you need to make sure you’re doing is creating content that has the key triggers that gives people a reason to share it.
A study has been produced that analyzes the reasons for people to share content. Some amazing facts have come out of it that you might want to think about before you produce your next piece of content:
- 73% of people share information because it helps them connect with other people who share a specific interest.
- 49% of people say sharing allows them to inform people in their social network of products they care about. They will to potentially change people’s opinions or encourage them to take action.
- 94% of people carefully consider how the information they share will be useful to the people they send it to.
- 68% of people share to give other people a better sense of who they are and what they really care about.
- 84% of people share because it is a way to support a cause or issue that is important to them.
- 78% of people share information on social media because it helps them stay connected to people they might not otherwise stay in touch with.
- 69% of people share information because it allows them to feel more involved in the world.
The main thing you always need to remember is that in the end, it’s all about human relationships. People want to participate with their friends, entertain and educate them; to make them laugh or even shed a tear means something to them. Here’s the entire slide show, which is quite fascinating, and worth spending 5 minutes to view: